2019 in Review
Happy 2020 to all!!
I hope that this blog post finds you all warm, cozy, and enjoying the start of a new decade! 2019 has been a very busy year for The Cullen Children’s Foundation so I wanted to do a quick recap to share what we have been up to! Here it is folks, the top 10 of 2019 for Cully’s Kids:
10. Matt announced his retirement from the NHL! After 21 years in the league he has taken on a new role in Player Development for the Pittsburgh Penguins.
9. We had another great night with The Fargo Force. We enjoy our partnership with this team and are grateful to them for another great night of raising funds for Cully’s Kids.
8. Giving Hearts Day was another success! We appreciate Dakota Medical Foundation and all the hard work that goes into this day so that all the amazing Non-Profits in the FM area can be supported. We feel the love!
7. Our Vice President Michele and myself had the opportunity to be a part of Sanford Health’s beautiful event, unveiling the plans for their new Cancer center in Fargo. We also got to have a meet and greet with the entertainment for the night, Rachel Platten!
6. In July we launched our new website! Woohoo!!
5. We were able to grant out another $156,820 to well deserving non-profits with the same mission as ours.
4. We rolled out our new initiative, ProjectGrace! This has been something that’s been in the works for the past few years and while it is still in the baby phase we are so excited to share it with the FM area. Expect more information about ProjectGrace to come on the “About us” tab of our website.
3. Through ProjectGrace we have been blessed to meet some special kids. Ben, Leah, and The Noble Brothers. We loved getting the chance to know each of them and have them be our first ProjectGrace recipients.
2. On December 6th we hosted our first annual “An Evening of Grace” for ProjectGrace. It was a beautiful night with delicious food, drink, conversation, and programming by Matt and Bridget. We are so thankful for each person that helped make this night a success and we look forward to joining together again next year to celebrate the first full year of ProjectGrace.
1.And finally, as grateful as we are for each of these big events, we want to thank each of our volunteers, donors, and supporters. Without each of you Cully’s Kids wouldn’t be able to fully fulfill our mission and purpose. THANK YOU and happy 2020!